Michelle was born and raised in Albuquerque and has a Bachelor of Science from Wayland Baptist University. Michelle served 8 years as the Chief of Staff for the New Mexico Attorney General’s office, for Attorney General, Gary King. Where she worked on the creation of the first Government Corruption Division, legislation against child predators and human traffickers, as well as overseeing agency grants, budget review, hiring, and training.
Additional projects include managing statewide education on internet predators, the dangers of methamphetamine, prescription drug issues in New Mexico, teen dating violence outreach, and education and legal services.
She also served as the liaison to the Joint Terrorism Task Force and New Mexico’s congressional delegation. Michelle also Served 20 years and retired at the rank of detective from the Albuquerque Police Department. She held positions in the Violent Crimes Division, Crimes Against Children Unit, Sexual Assault Unit, Property Crimes Unit, Auto Theft Unit, and Chief’s Staff.
- Ordained Senior Chaplain, International Federation of Chaplains
- Blue Star Mother
- Intimate Partner Death Review Team Chair (former member and chair)
- Child Fatality Review Team (former member)
- Joint Terrorism Task Force (former member)
Achievements I am Most Proud of:
- Marrying Earl Holmes and raising five amazing children.
- Being a part of bringing to justice the “Ether Man Rapist”, Robert Howard Bruce.
We made history indicting his DNA. He is now serving a 276 year sentence.